Full-Time Caseworker (x2)
Working For: Neil Coyle MP
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Job Details: Permanent, full time (with initial six month fixed term contract)
Neil Coyle, Member of Parliament for Bermondsey and OId Southwark, is looking for two highly-motivated and experienced Caseworkers to support the work of his busy office.
The successful applicants will have experience in a similar role and must possess the ability to manage a large workload and be administratively self-sufficient.
Main responsibilities: To provide information, advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues and liaise with government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to help resolve matters for constituents. To ensure Neil Coyle MP is helping a large number of constituents on a wide range of issues.
• manage caseload and ensure all cases are dealt with in a swift, sensitive and confidential manner
• maintain accurate records, adhering to the principles of the Data Protection Act.
• deal with daily queries from Neil’s constituents and constituency organisations and businesses.
• draft responses and respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
• liaise with relevant groups, organisations and businesses within the constituency and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts, including councillors.
• assist the Member at weekly constituency surgeries at a range of locations and ensure the office is kept in a presentable and welcoming state.
• analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports when required.
• attend meetings on the MP’s behalf on occasion.
• empathetic, tactful and sensitive when dealing with constituent enquiries, with an ability to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines.
• action-focused and able to work effectively as part of a fast-paced team.
• excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident interacting with people at all levels.
• ability to prioritise a demanding workload and attention to detail.
• experience of housing, immigration and welfare issues would be very welcome.
• sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Closing Date: 30th October 2015
Interview/Start Dates: 9th/10th November to start as soon as possible.
How to apply: Please send a short covering letter explaining how you believe you meet the key responsibilities and a brief CV (not more than two sides of A4) to the Senior Caseworker, Laura, at: firstname.lastname@example.org