Job Title:Senior Caseworker
Key responsibilities include:
- Handling correspondence from constituents, drafting responses and providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues (eg immigration, housing, benefits) through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others
- Attending advice surgeries and other meetings as appropriate, including at weekends and out of standard office hours at times
- Dealing with daily written and telephone enquiries from members of the public and taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate to the Member
- Managing own caseload and progress of casework
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation
- Analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports
- Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner (in accordance with the Data Protection Act)
- Community engagement – liaising with councillors and constituency organisations to identify areas of concern and action to tackle them
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in IT, particularly MS Office, with experience of using casework management software preferable
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage own administration, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party
- Successful applicants will be offered an initial 6 month contract, with the possibility to extend pending a review of the office structure.
The role is intended to be based in Neil’s constituency office in Bermondsey and Old Southwark. Please note, we are in the process of finding a permanent office in the constituency, so some initial work in Westminster may be required.
Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Closing Date:19 June 2015
Interviews will be held on Friday 26th July.
Start date as soon as possible.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing hou you would meet the key points and outlining why you would be suitable for the position, and a CV of no more than two sides of A4.
Please email your application to email@example.com.